I love cookies and want to try to make it. Almond Crescent Cookies.
1 pound Almond paste
8 ounces Granulated sugar
2 tablespoons Grapefruit zest, grated fine
1/2 fluid ounce Vanilla extract
4 Egg whites Sliced almonds, as needed Egg whites, beaten, as needed Granulated sugar, as needed Semisweet chocolate, tempered, as needed
1. In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment, blend almond paste, sugar and grapefruit zest on low speed until lump free. Add vanilla extract.
2. Beat in egg whites in four steps, waiting for each addition to be completely incorporated and then scraping down the bowl before adding the next.
3. Spread a thick layer of sliced almonds in a hotel pan. With a large plain tip, pipe the dough into 2-inch (5 centimeter) strips, each weighing about 3/4 ounce (20 grams). Pipe the dough directly onto the sliced almonds, then roll the dough into the almonds to coat. Shape each piece of dough into a small crescent then place the cookie on a clean paper-lined baking sheet.
4. Lightly brush the cookies with beaten egg whites and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
5. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for approximately 15 minutes. Cool completely, then dip the ends of the cookies in tempered semi-sweet chocolate.